A fashion comany started by Guccio Gucci in the late 1800s in Italy. It is now an international fashion company and is the benchmark for high-end designer clothes.
Their clothes are now designed by Tom Ford. They are the makers of many lines including fragrance, jewelry, and watches. Is most commonly known for their ‘double G’ logo.
Manage the Men’s Shoe Business and buying process for Gucci America, motive and build a team to exceed plan and drive the business.
- Develop seasonal purchase, markdown, and sales plans for the product lines and plan by store;
- Coordinate with worldwide merchants on product feedback and market needs, pricing and line building through written and verbal communication, and selling reports;
- Maximize sales and results by store through collaborating with the visual team to maximize exposure, optimize markdown activity, and focused carryover initiatives;
- Participate in European travel for fashion presentations, meetings and seasonal buys;
- Travel to local markets several times each season (required at least 2 per month) to understand the clientele and needs of each store as well as to encourage and strengthen the existing rapport between stores and merchants;
- Analyze selling trends and react with reorders and consolidations, monitoring the progress of sales and profitability of the men’s shoe category;
- Study and report on competitors pricing, product, and merchandising presentation strategies;
- Inventory management: achieve growth across all classifications and price ranges within OTB parameters;
- Execute proactive consolidations to ensure profitability;
- Optimize buying by store to exploit opportunities by market;
- Motivate, train and supervise first direct report;
- Create and manage development plans to ensure job satisfaction and future development.
- Bachelor degree in Fashion, Business, Finance or related discipline;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant buying experience gained within a fashion and/or luxury environment;
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen;
- Proven ability to drive results;
- Passionate about exceeding corporate goals and driving business through excellent execution;
- Ability to understand current market trends and buying psychology;
- Solid forecasting, analytical and planning skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Talent for managing, coaching and developing a team;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Strong eye for relevant and brand appropriate product.
Published: 12nd november 2012
Location: United States – NY
- Milano, Thursday 18 January 2018, 01.49
Latest Job Opportunities
- Athlantia Ventures is looking for a Marketing Manager
- Corporate Development Manager at YOOX Group in Milan
- Buyer Jewels & Yooxygen yoox.com at YOOX Group in Milano
- Modellista Intimo – Calzedonia Group
- Production Manager – Leather goods at BRIONI
- MCG is looking for an HR Consultant
- Are You a Fashion Company? Publish Now for FREE
- Peuterey is looking for a Visual Merchandiser – Located in Italy