GUESS? is one of the most widely recognizable apparel companies across the globe, with over 1’200 stores worldwide and counting. A company known for innovative style, GUESS? continues to dress and accessorize the world with fashion-forward apparel, handbags, watches, shoes and more.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with design, sales, marketing, production, sourcing & buying and forecasting to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap;
- Map the Guess end customer;
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product;
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals;
- Develop sales tools and collateral;
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success and meet targets;
- Brief and train the sales force at sales meetings;
- Monitor gross margin performance and plan for corrective actions if needed;
- Specify sample requirements and responsible for European sample selection;
- Responsible for bottom up reconciliation towards top down targets. Identify carry over options;
- Create and maintain all product records, including product grids, line plans and price files;
- Have a true love for denim product.
- 4 Times a year define a line plan including gross turnover, number of styles and options, gross margin linked to the company target;
- 4 Times a year proper analysis of the previous season to aid future line development;
- 4 Times a year present the collection to the European sales people;
- 2 Weekly updates on trends and market research and conduct market visits where relevant;
- 2 Weekly meetings with design to follow the buildup of the collection;
- During line conception (4 times a year) work with PD team to achieve required product costs;
- Weekly monitor sales through figures when new season sales starts at shop level. In conjunction with the own & operated retail department.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position. Many of these will be standard professional skills. Focus on those that are specific to this job, are essential for its success and differentiate it from other jobs.
- Master Degree;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience;
- Fluent in English. Any other European language is an advantage;
- Computer literate in Excel and PowerPoint.
We took this announcement from the official website of the company: apply by the company’s website’s indications. In additition, please fill in the following form, in order to inform us.
Published: 10 gennaio 2013
Experience: Product Manager
Function: Product Manager
- Milano, Thursday 18 January 2018, 00.39
Latest Job Opportunities
- Athlantia Ventures is looking for a Marketing Manager
- Corporate Development Manager at YOOX Group in Milan
- Buyer Jewels & Yooxygen yoox.com at YOOX Group in Milano
- Modellista Intimo – Calzedonia Group
- Production Manager – Leather goods at BRIONI
- MCG is looking for an HR Consultant
- Are You a Fashion Company? Publish Now for FREE
- Peuterey is looking for a Visual Merchandiser – Located in Italy