GUESS? is one of the most widely recognizable apparel companies across the globe, with over 1’200 stores worldwide and counting. A company known for innovative style, GUESS? continues to dress and accessorize the world with fashion-forward apparel, handbags, watches, shoes and more.At GUESS?, we are dedicated to personal and professional enrichment through an environment of Open Communication, Creativity, Teamwork, Trust and Respect. The continued dedication and commitment of our employees is the driving force of GUESS?. Our talented professionals focus on leading the company with their vision of success. Join the team at GUESS? and bring your vision to life.We are currently looking for a:
Guess is looking for a Retail Buyer.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for the buy balance and meeting the intake margin target
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep updated on market knowledge of GUESS brand and its competitors;
- Immerse yourself in Fashion knowledge at designer level;
- Selection of product assortment for the Retail Stores;
- Buying Speed to market items to keep on top of trends.
- Ensure optimal choice for the customer in each store cluster based on lessons learned and predicted trends;
- Ensure that the offer is balanced across lines, by style, color, fabric etc. for optimal “outfit building” to aid product presentation in store as well as increase UPT (unit per transaction) potential;
- Determine ranking of all styles, predicted best sellers, NOS (never out of stock) and fashion “must haves” for correct quantification of the buy;
- Regular review of SKU sales performance to propose commitment adjustments, rebuys and cancellations. Regular monitoring of intake of stock. Weekly update communication to the team;
- Trial new concepts on a regular basis to improve the Brand;
- Feedback to wholesale teams missed opportunities in the buy.
- Work with divisions, North America and outside vendors to create the best ranges;
- Work in line with the department critical paths and sign offs;
- Professional and clear communication with all cross functions including Merchants and Visual to ensure input to the buy.
- Monthly allocation meeting to give insight into direction of following assortment and to improve alternatives when product is no longer available;
- Feedback on sales trends in Retail (best & worst sellers) to Wholesale teams;
- Buy back into opportunities and manage risk;
- Approval of markdowns for sale periods.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferable in Menswear line;
- Language skills: very good knowledge of English. Any other European language will be considered as a plus;
- Highly trend focused solid background and understanding of the product;
- Highly motivated, able to work independently, very flexible when priorities change, problem solving abilities, organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast paced environment.
Published: 07th November 2012
- Milano, Thursday 18 January 2018, 02.10
Latest Job Opportunities
- Athlantia Ventures is looking for a Marketing Manager
- Corporate Development Manager at YOOX Group in Milan
- Buyer Jewels & Yooxygen yoox.com at YOOX Group in Milano
- Modellista Intimo – Calzedonia Group
- Production Manager – Leather goods at BRIONI
- MCG is looking for an HR Consultant
- Are You a Fashion Company? Publish Now for FREE
- Peuterey is looking for a Visual Merchandiser – Located in Italy