Inditex is one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, welcoming shoppers at its eight store formats – Zara, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho, Zara Home and Uterqüe – boasting 5.887 stores in 87 markets.
The Inditex Group is made up of more than 100 companies operating in textile design, manufacturing and distribution.
The group’s success and its unique business model, based on innovation and flexibility, have made Inditex one of the biggest fashion retailers in the world.
As Designer you have to identify the trends in the market and development of the design, from the idea to the final product.
- Development of the design: from the idea to the final product;
- Development of trends, colouring and fabric;
- Receive samples and counter- samples and rectify;
- Permanent communication with purchasing department;
- Travel to fairs;
- Develop all technical specifications of the design;
- Deal with suppliers to follow up samples and establish modifications in the base patterns;
- Visit suppliers to control the sample production;
- Present collection.
- University education;
- 5 years or more work experience in similar post;
- Very good knowledge of spoken English and Chinese;
- Available to travel;
- Availability to work on a full time basis.
Skills and qualities
- Strong awareness of the market in tendencies in Asia, European market will be a plus;
- Deep knowledge of fabrics;
- Minimum 5 years experience in fashion design;
- University Degree;
- Fluency in English and Mandarin;
- Fluency in Spanish an important plus but no required.
- Team player;
- Decisive and self-motivated;
- Flexible, adaptable, excellent interpersonal skills;
- Fashion design qualification from top Asian or US/Euro Design school.
- Advanced user knowledge of design programmes: Corel Draw, Photo Shop, Illustrator, Freehand;
- Advanced user of Ms Office;
- Knowledge in fabrics and fashion.
We took this announcement from the official website of the company: apply by the company’s website’s indications. In additition, please fill in the following form, in order to inform us.
Published: 15th Dicember 2012
Experience: Fashion Designer
Location: Shanghai – China
- Milano, Wednesday 17 January 2018, 09.21
Latest Job Opportunities
- Athlantia Ventures is looking for a Marketing Manager
- Corporate Development Manager at YOOX Group in Milan
- Buyer Jewels & Yooxygen yoox.com at YOOX Group in Milano
- Modellista Intimo – Calzedonia Group
- Production Manager – Leather goods at BRIONI
- MCG is looking for an HR Consultant
- Are You a Fashion Company? Publish Now for FREE
- Peuterey is looking for a Visual Merchandiser – Located in Italy