NIKE, Inc. (NIKE), incorporated in 1968, is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing and selling of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories and services. NIKE is a seller of athletic footwear and athletic apparel worldwide. The Company sells its products to retail accounts, through NIKE-owned retail stores and Internet sales, and through a mix of independent distributors and licensees, in approximately 190 countries around the world.
As a Global Senior Brand Designer, based in the UK in the London Studio, The Role will be required to deliver against goals that align with department and Global Brand design function goals.
You will be part of the larger brand design organization, based in WHQ, Oregon. The Studio in London will focus on product launches and campaigns that go through the line, working on strategy, concept and execution against videos, retail and advertising campaigns. The work will be varied and will involve working on energy and high-touch marketing, events and tactical executions on the ground within Global cities, such as New York, Tokyo, LA. These projects will come from the categories at Nike, so it is important to be able to maintain long distance communication to deliver to their marketing brief.
The position requires experience in many different mediums, from communication and advertising to retail and 3-Dimensional/interior design, with a strong conceptual process that drives the work.
The team will be small, and will rely on freelance assistance, which will require management and facilitation from the designer. You’ll direct, manage and lead across agencies and be involved across multiple disciplines and/or categories.
You will be required to provide tactical and strategic direction as well as delivering high quality concepts and solutions at every stage of the creative process.
You will need to be able to communicate design concepts to various internal and external audiences. You’ll manage design processes to ensure design deliverables and timelines are met. In addition, you’ll provide ideas that influence, increase and enhance Nike Brand Design and initiate and drive “best practices”.
The work will be varied and fun, and the expectation is to create and bring new experiences and solutions to the Nike brand.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic, Architectural or Advertising;
- Minimum of 8 years brand design experience demonstrating creative sophistication in concepts and design, in-depth knowledge of product, consumers, technologies and manufacturing process;
- Proven exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout;
- Demonstrated ability to apply these skills in innovative ways that elevate brand excellence;
- Experience directing photography (talent and product), illustration, and teams of designers (internal and external);
- Knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and in fashion / athletics specifically;
- International experience is helpful;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to create presentations for senior management;
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines;
- Comprehensive knowledge of design processes;
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and CAD;
- Knowledge of human resource policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated knowledge of entire design process from conceptualization through production;
- Ability to travel 10%.
Published: 24th November 2012
Experience: Brand Designer
- Milano, Sunday 21 January 2018, 13.36
Latest Job Opportunities
- Athlantia Ventures is looking for a Marketing Manager
- Corporate Development Manager at YOOX Group in Milan
- Buyer Jewels & Yooxygen yoox.com at YOOX Group in Milano
- Modellista Intimo – Calzedonia Group
- Production Manager – Leather goods at BRIONI
- MCG is looking for an HR Consultant
- Are You a Fashion Company? Publish Now for FREE
- Peuterey is looking for a Visual Merchandiser – Located in Italy