VF Corporation is world leader in branded lifestyle apparel, including denim & outdoor clothing. For over 100 years, VF has grown by offering consumers high quality, high-value branded apparel. We represent leading brands such as The North Face®, Vans®, Reef®, Timberland®, Smartwool®, Napapijri®, 7 for All Mankind®, Lee®, Wrangler®, Kipling®, Eastpak®, JanSport®, and others.
VF employs more than 7000 associates in Europe. Our Europe, Middle East & Africa region headquarters in Lugano, Switzerland, are home to an international work-force of more than 500 associates from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds. In Spring 2013 we will move to a high-spec, purpose-built site in Stabio, a small town close to the Italian border.
The acquisition of Timberland in 2011 strengthened VF’s position within the outdoor industry by adding a strong, global, and authentic brand with significant momentum and growth opportunities.
Timberland is one of our most developed brands and represents a significant part of VF’s European business.
This position has two important aspects: being the Retail Marketing Manager and assisting the Senior Brand Manager with the tracking of marketing, advertising and promotional activities occurring throughout the regions, as a Junior Brand Manager.
Purpose of Role:
- To manage the day to day requirements involved in roll out and implementation of both the seasonal marketing collateral and retail program
- To ensure the development of world class POP / POS solutions that ensures brand representation is of the highest quality and consistent across the region
- Ensuring the balance of global direction and local adaptation when developing any materials / activity
- Key player in GTM execution across European region
- To assist the Senior Brand Manager with the tracking of marketing, advertising and promotional activities occurring throughout the regions
- To contribute to the planning & execution of a marketing strategy through the creation of communication and schedules for product campaigns
- Lead the assets managements for the Go To Market Callendar for specific business units
- Develop pos and pop requests from the regions to support a better sell through
- Work closely with local marketing and visual management to coordinate the needs and deliver the solutions seasonal campaigns
- Conduct market visit to get more insight from competitors & retailers
- Monitor our own campaign executions and share Knowledge of local markets with global to drive better asset creation for future seasons
- Maintain the Complete Central Marketing Calendar which includes, PR, Digital, Instore & Adv acticvities
- Set up and maintain a system for Retail budget tracking and reallocation
- Create and manage methods for monitoring country marketing spend and activity against plans
- Oversee the maintenance of a marketing library of materials as well as annual marketing plans and schedules of annual marketing spend
- Contribute to management reporting to ensure that senior management are fully aware of Brand marketing activities. Advertising & overall Marketing Spend Tracking
- Facilitate countries with the overall production of seasonal assets and marketing materials required to execute against their designated marketing plans
- Set up and oversee the regular update of a brand manual for the European markets
- Degree level or equivalent education
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Marketing or retail professional with at least 4 years experience working experience within a branded environment
- Good eye for visual merchandising standards and store ‘look and feel’
- Experience in marketing, Knowledge of advertising and store operations
- Given the scope of the role organizational and time management skills are essential as is the ability to communicate with a wide range of people from Senior Management to retail store staff across a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Relevant marketing or retail qualifications would be an asset
- Other language skills would be an asset
- Professional experience preferably within the fashion, lifestyle or sporting goods industries
We took this announcement from the official website of the company: apply by the company’s website’s indications.
Published: 6th February 2013
Experience: Mid-senior level
Function: Retail Brand Marketing
Location: Lugano, CH
- Milano, Saturday 20 January 2018, 07.10
Latest Job Opportunities
- Athlantia Ventures is looking for a Marketing Manager
- Corporate Development Manager at YOOX Group in Milan
- Buyer Jewels & Yooxygen yoox.com at YOOX Group in Milano
- Modellista Intimo – Calzedonia Group
- Production Manager – Leather goods at BRIONI
- MCG is looking for an HR Consultant
- Are You a Fashion Company? Publish Now for FREE
- Peuterey is looking for a Visual Merchandiser – Located in Italy