This is a superb opportunity to join a luxury and successful brand Vivienne Westwood Ltd.
The applicant will be required to fulfill the following tasks:
- Maintain responsibility for the entire product design process including market research and design processes
- Providing design and proposing styles for the season under work
- Picture research for prints, style ideas, techniques and details
- Copying patterns when necessary
- Creating new designs when needed or amending new artwork and graphics
- Fully integrate and communicate within the Team and all other employees in the company
- Offer relevant research when asked using magazines, internet, libraries and markets etc.
- Present own ideas and develop to fulfil commercial/market and fashion requirements given
- Be able to understand garment construction and translate into flat technical drawings and spec sheets
- Be able to assist the Design Team in any of the tasks asked nearer deadline times eg, making of mood boards, helping with fabric plus colour selection, sketches etc
- Prepare sample request and artwork to be sent to the production company
- Attending meetings with suppliers and liaise with Merchandiser and Technologists through critical path as well as meeting with fabric agents at the production company
- Generally managing everything and keeping track of deadlines
- Develop products from research to production to distribution to presentation and finally to the customer for acceptance Review sales given by business control unit and present to designers.
- Design or fashion related qualifications
- Understanding of garment construction, fabrics and print.
- Ability to design across both graphic and garments
- Understanding of the critical path with the ability to work to seasonal deadlines.
- Experience working within a team
- Manage timelines to ensure on time delivery
- Be competent in using Excel, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Pattern making, draping and sketching skills.
- Knowledge of textile and ability to identify and manipulate fabric
- Illustration skills are strongly required.
The successful Designer will be responsible for trend and research, demonstrating commercial awareness and understanding of shape, colour, fabric and print. Bring new and exciting ranges that maintain our leading edge and have the initiative when appropriate to identify new product opportunities. Hours and days of work will need to be flexible and role requires an element of international travel and regular store visits.
We took this announcement from the official website of the company: apply by the company’s website’s indications. In additition, please fill in the following form, in order to inform us.
Published: 20th September 2013
- Milano, Thursday 18 January 2018, 03.17
Latest Job Opportunities
- Athlantia Ventures is looking for a Marketing Manager
- Corporate Development Manager at YOOX Group in Milan
- Buyer Jewels & Yooxygen yoox.com at YOOX Group in Milano
- Modellista Intimo – Calzedonia Group
- Production Manager – Leather goods at BRIONI
- MCG is looking for an HR Consultant
- Are You a Fashion Company? Publish Now for FREE
- Peuterey is looking for a Visual Merchandiser – Located in Italy