Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
As an apparel designer, you will design fashion and innovative apparel product with direction given from Cross Functional Category Team. You will utilize design skills to create original and innovative designs that reflect the Converse philosophy.You’ll provide prototype sampling information, including fabrication, trim, color, graphic applications, style, fit requirements and construction detail. You’ll work with product leadership and team members in Design, Development and Merchandising to ensure design feasibility and meet price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines. You will ensure the timely completion of each project.You’ll monitor the development of prototype samples and interact with Development and Suppliers at each stage of development.
You will communicate and present design concepts and produce presentation materials in conjunction with Product Leadership that effectively communicate the concepts to internal and external audiences. You’ll build awareness of current trends through market travel/research in order to keep abreast of consumer and design direction. In addition, you’ll participate in activities that will increase understanding and working knowledge of products, product lines, product development, commercialization and specific markets in which Converse does business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design
- Passion for performance excellence
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and developing apparel
- Proven ability to apply and perform skills such as drawing, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing/scale, visual presentation development and layout.
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Basic knowledge of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit/construction.
- Basic knowledge of the apparel industry, marketing principles and development process.
- Ability to create market appropriate designs within set timelines
- Ability to work cooperatively in a diverse group .
- Fluent in Italian and English both verbal and written communication is a must.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.