Corporate Communication Manager – Amazon – Milano
Amazon is seeking a highly professional, experienced communications expert for the role of Corporate Communications Manager, reporting into the Head of PR for Italy.
The purpose of the role is to help maintain and enhance the corporate reputation of Amazon in Italy through effective advocacy with corporate media, industry analysts, key opinion leaders, think tanks, charities and NGOs as well as other corporate influencers.
This role will help to build an understanding of the significant contribution made by Amazon to consumers, businesses and creative professionals, as well as the Italian economy and society as a whole.
This position requires an intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional with high ownership and ability to work as part of a super-motivated team. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and have a track record of generating results.
She/he will own and lead several projects aimed to have a long-term impact in the reputation of Amazon in Italy, with special attention to the support Amazon offers to Italian Small and Medium Businesses to succeed online both in Italy and abroad.
This professional will deal with media contacts and national news desks on a daily basis. She/he will pay painstaking attention to important details and will be able to roll-up her/his sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of the role’s direct remit.
Excellent writing skills in both English and Italian are imperative for this role. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complicated issues, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express this opinion. She/he will develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges and help shape Amazon’s corporate narrative in Italy.
Charismatic and a natural relationship builder, this professional will have key contacts in both the newsrooms and the civic arena to be able to establish solid and long-lasting partnerships with media organizations and NGO to strengthen the Amazon in the Community program.
The successful candidate will communicate an excitement and enthusiasm for customers, selling partners, and the Amazon business and brand as a whole.
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Formulate and implement communications goals, strategies and tactical PR campaigns and programs that advance our business goals and strengthen our corporate reputation.
- Develop and deploy a PR strategy for our growing Marketplace business in Italy, highlighting the enabler capabilities of Amazon for Italian small businesses in its transition to the digital economy.
- Conduct proactive and reactive media relations in support of Amazon’s corporate reputation.
- Help manage Corporate communications and support Public Policy work through the development and execution of relevant PR campaigns.
- Help the team prepare internal and external messaging, manage approvals, and manage distribution of that messaging to various audiences.
- Help the team maintain messaging databases on various complex topics;
- Be the front line owner for quickly spotting, flagging and correcting misinformation across multiple channels;
- Exercise extremely high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes;
- Earn trust and effectively communicate with a wide range of internal stakeholders across all functions and levels;
- Manage the internal communications activities for Amazon’s corporate employees in Italy.
- Manage the Amazon in the Community corporate responsibility program, from strategy to daily implementation.
- Manage sponsorships, events and speaking opportunities aimed at building Amazon’s corporate reputation.
- Develop effective outreach programs to additional corporate stakeholders such opinion leaders and third-party groups.
- Prepare executives to serve as spokespeople when appropriate
- A minimum of 8 years in an agency/in-house communications experience, including managing teams.
- Background working at senior levels within the Italian business, media, political and corporate responsibility environment.
- Track record of successful delivery of major corporate, B2B and B2C communications campaigns.
- Extensive experience in working effectively with media and other corporate influencers.
- Experience in issue and crisis preparedness and management.
- Practice in implementing effective internal communications strategies and programs.
Corporate Communication Manager – Preferred Qualifications
- Exhibits excellent business judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but always stays on top of tactical execution
- Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
- Innovates and comes up with new, peculiar and effective ideas
- Thinks big and long-term
- Is action and results oriented
- Is highly analytical and structured; pays extreme attention to details Please submit your CV in English, as it will be considered by non-Italian speakers.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.