Fashion Designer – Sara Battaglia – Milano
IN SHORT: SARA BATTAGLIA is hiring a Fashion Designer in assistance to the Creative Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a fashion designer, you’ll research current fashion trends, forecasting what will be popular with consumers, and take inspiration from the world around you to create fresh and original designs consistent with the Sara Battaglia aestethics.
You’ll support and decide on fabrics, colours and patterns, produce sample designs and adjust them until the final product, in constant contact with all suppliers.
Depending on your level of experience, you may work to your own brief or be given a brief to work towards, with specifications relating to colour, fabric and budget.
You’ll specialise in certain areas of design, such as ready to wear, handbags, shoes for the woman.
Responsibilities – Fashion Designer – You’ll typically need to:
- create or visualise an idea and produce a design by hand or using computer-aided design
- create moodboards
- keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes
- plan and develop variants, often based on a theme.
- work with others in the design team, such as buyers and forecasters, to develop products to meet a brief
- liaise closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure items suit the customer, market and price points
- understand design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns and technical specifications for designs
- visit trade shows and manufacturers to source, select and buy fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments
- adapt existing designs for bulk production
- oversee sampling and production
- negotiate with suppliers
- work with models to try out your designs and also to wear them on the catwalk at fashion shows
Fluent English required, minimum experience of 3 years.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Per candidarti invia i tuoi dati a email@example.com